As part of defining the unique value propositions for products and services and the brand promise for a business, there are a number of processes to assist in understanding the audience.
At the heart of understanding an audience is empathy.
- Figure out why an audience behaves in a particular way
- Ask what the audience wants.
- Think like the audience.
- What is important to the audience.
- What does an audience need to overcome.
- Why would the audience value what you do.
- How can we make the audience message more personal.
- Have we done enough research to prove we understand the audience.